TUI Denied Boarding Compensation
- 1. Travel Distance
- 2. Airline
- 3. Additional Information
- 4. Reason
- 5. Result
Check Your TUI Denied Boarding Compensation
Has TUI denied you boarding due to overbooking or other reasons? Our straightforward checker tool can help you identify if you’re eligible for compensation. By entering your disrupted flight details, our system will rapidly evaluate your case. Remember, denied boarding doesn’t mean you’re left empty-handed. Discover your potential compensation right now.
Get your compensation in 3 simple steps:
Your Air Passenger Rights with TUI Airlines
If you experienced flight disruptions caused by TUI within the past 6 years, you might be eligible to receive compensation of up to £520 per passenger under EC261/2004 regulation. Our online claims form makes it easy for you to get started with your TUI compensation without any obligation.
Important points to consider:
- The compensation you’re entitled to will depend on the distance of the flight.
- To be eligible for compensation, the disruption must be due to an issue with the airline. Extraordinary circumstances, such as extreme weather or air traffic control strikes, are not covered.
- To be eligible for compensation, the flight must have either departed from an EU airport, regardless of the airline, or arrived at an EU airport using an EU carrier.
- Arrived at your destination 3 hours late or you were notified of the cancellation less than 14 days before departure.
Regardless of the ticket price, every passenger in your booking is entitled to compensation if the flight was disrupted. This means that even if you purchased a ticket for as little as £20, you could still receive up to £520 per passenger. So don’t miss out on your right to compensation – start your claim today!
Has TUI denied boarded you?
Don’t let denied boarding issues cost you – get compensated up to £520!