Wizz Air Denied Boarding Compensation
- 1. Travel Distance
- 2. Airline
- 3. Additional Information
- 4. Reason
- 5. Result
Check Your Wizz Air Denied Boarding Compensation
Experienced an unwelcome case of overbooking during your Wizz Air travels? We understand your frustration, but here’s some hope: you might be entitled to compensation. With our dedicated Wizz Air overbooking compensation checker, you can promptly assess your qualification status. By analyzing the specific details of your flight, it simplifies the intricate process of lodging a claim. Take advantage of this tool to gain a clear understanding of your passenger rights and kick-start the process of securing your well-deserved compensation.
Get your compensation in 3 simple steps:
Your Air Passenger Rights with Wizz Air
If you experienced flight disruptions caused by Wizz Air within the past 6 years, you might be eligible to receive compensation of up to £540 per passenger under EC261/2004 regulation. Our online claims form makes it easy for you to get started with your Wizz Air compensation without any obligation.
Important points to consider:
- The compensation you’re entitled to will depend on the distance of the flight.
- To be eligible for compensation, the disruption must be due to an issue with the airline. Extraordinary circumstances, such as extreme weather or air traffic control strikes, are not covered.
- To be eligible for compensation, the flight must have either departed from an EU airport, regardless of the airline, or arrived at an EU airport using an EU carrier.
- Arrived at your destination 3 hours late or you were notified of the cancellation less than 14 days before departure.
Regardless of the ticket price, every passenger in your booking is entitled to compensation if the flight was disrupted. This means that even if you purchased a ticket for as little as £20, you could still receive up to £540 per passenger. So don’t miss out on your right to compensation – start your claim today!
Has Wizz Air denied boarded you?
Don’t let denied boarding issues cost you – get compensated up to £540!